Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 24th, 2010 at the hospital

We will try our best to post updates over the next few days. Evelyn is doing great, she has already pooped more in a day than Sydney did in a week, and most babies do in their whole hospital stay, or so the nurses say. She is also eating well. Elizabeth is feeling and looking good, tired and not on solid food yet, but found this time less exhausting without days of labor before the same end result.

Here are some highlights from our day, minus the actual delivery and recovery pictures, which include more naked baby and mommy than the blog can handle.

Sydney thought Mommy in the hospital bed taking pictures was pretty interesting.As was baby sister Evelyn.

Elizabeth and her girls.
Sydney giving Evelyn a card and cute Purdue booties, which Megan graciously orchestrated.
Very cute, she does not like her hands strapped in.
Our Indiana family, and Sydney's caretakers for these few days, Megan and Catherine.
Sydney did want to play the part of the cool big sister and kept her sunglasses on for a chunk of the visit.
Another cuddle shot.
Sydney is re-creating the making of the card/envelope.
Our family of 4.
Sydney wanted to try out the bassinet, but may be too big.
Evelyn did some great posing for her tennis themed birth announcement.


Her bassinet card.
The envelope and card from her big sister.
Her first Celtics game/sporting event, but without the desired result.
The videos below show Sydney's first reaction to her little sister, albeit a stoic and unsure response, and then requests for her to be the one in the bassinet.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

First of all, Elizabeth- YOU LOOK GREAT! I love the photos of you and Evelyn and the family of four pic! So cute!

Second, this new little Peach looks a lot like Sydney did when she was born! Just by looking at these photos, I would say that they look like twins! But let me give my final opinion after I meet little Ev.

Third, Sydney is precious! She's going to be a GREAT big sister!

Heart,
Jennie

ashley.and.graham said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for y'all. I love her name! (Had even thought of it for later for us but thought Eden and Eve might be a bit much ;) ... so, so happy for you and wishing we could drive over to the hospital to give you all a big hug!
love, ashley

Maren said...

Congratulations, guys!! You can't say this about most newborns, but you can about Evelyn - she is CUTE!! You have to love babies that come out with fat rolls.

Before Josh was born my dad made a comment that you really aren't parenting until you have at least two kids. I thought he was full of it, until I had Josh. (Now that we have three I realize he's a genius.) Get ready for some good times!

p.s. Tell Sydney that her sunglasses ROCK!