Friday, May 8, 2009

Race Day

Last Saturday, Joshua ran a mini-marathon (a half marathon) and Bo, Catherine and I did the 5K. Joshua and I were pleasantly surprised by our times and our ability to run all of our respective races with limited time to train (granted - he did do 10 more miles than me). Joshua finished in 2:03:33 and I finished in 30:02. Sydney was a very good sport despite us getting her out of bed at 4:45 am. Here are some pictures from the day. Although Joshua ran the farthest...MVP of the day goes to our friend Megan who got up early and came with us to hang out with Sydney while the rest of us were running. Thanks, Megan!

Here is the "Before"

Joshua's race started first so the rest of us walked by the capitol building to wait for the start of the 5K. Here are Bo and Catherine with the capitol building in Indy.


The starting line for the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon.

Here is the other "race" that was going on at the same time.

People starting the mini.

Sydney enjoyed the medal and I enjoyed being done!

Joshua's impression of his performance.

The "After" shot.

Catherine congratulated Sydney on some well done waiting.

The future's so bright...

We still managed to have enough energy to play in the yard. Sydney couldn't understand why we would consider doing anything else.

MVP!

No comments: