Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Super Dooper Hiker

It's official. Sydney is a Super Dee Dooper (special deluxe ala Peter T. Hooper) hiker! She completed another 3+ mile hike on her own. This one was more strenuous and was on a regular hiking trail instead of a nice wide carriage trail. She persevered and got the hang of where to place her feet on the trail. The hurricane knocked out the bridge which crossed the stream on this hike so we had to get creative in our crossing strategy. Joshua was equal to the challenge!



Sydney went first with Joshua's help



She stayed still and did not move at all (as per her very clearly stated instructions)

Zoomed in view of her perch.

Next came Sadie and I. Sadie and Sydney enjoyed watching the "Daddy carries people over the stream show"


Here comes Evelyn!

Double thumbs up for Joshua's final crossing (until the return trip!)



Snack break at our farthest point before the return trip.


View from the snack break/scenic overlook.




1 comment:

ashley.and.graham said...

unbelievable! y'all are amazing. Eden asked me last night while were out in the front yard if we could sleep out there. I thought, "Yes. You can sleep outside. But, I don't know about the mosquitos or what we'd sleep in ..." So, I told her that yes people do sleep outside, it's called camping. And, then I thought how you'd know all the answers for me and how sad it was that I didn't know :)